The Ananda Marga Yoga Wellness Center (AMYWC)
We are situated in a quiet neighborhood of Pagsabungan, Mandaue, Cebu. The Center is the Philippines’ first affordable stay-in alternative healing center. It practices a holistic approach to health through various natural therapies, the practice of yoga, meditation and vegetarian diet. We do not only assist our students in their healing, but we also teach them the path to life-long health.
To overcome problems caused by excess fat, stress and disease;
To cure themselves through a system of natural therapy without depending on medicines;
To become physically fit, mentally relaxed and fully conscious;
To learn new healthy systems of eating, exercise, drinking water and harmonious thought.
We offer a complete systematic, in-patient natural therapy program. Daily activities are not only therapeutic but also entertaining and educative.
Examples of our cases
Nearly 100% of our students have either been completely cured or at least highly benefited. Examples of the conditions we have been treating:
- arthritis and rheumatism
- blood pressure
- cancer, tumors, cysts
- cholesterol excess
- circulation poor, numbness
- constipation and diarrhea
- depression mild
- digestive complications, gastritis, dizziness
- heart trouble
- lethargy (inadequate physical energy)
- liver, kidney and bladder problems
- lung disease
- menstrual complications
- mental weakness
- sinusitis and other mucus problems
- skin disease including psoriasis, dandruff and acne
- stress and anxiety
OUR MAIN THERAPIES:
A nutitious, delicious DIET
– a nutritious, delicious DIET of alkaline food (fruits, vegetables and other light vegetarian food), freeing the digestive system from its normal burdens so the body can naturally heal itself.
– our unique SUPER HERBAL DETOX, which is superior to any leading colon cleansing herbal products. It not only absorbs toxins from the digestive system, but also ultimately from the entire body. It is vital for getting a new start in your life.
– an exercise program with a wide range:
a) gentle YOGA POSTURES for the glands and nerves
b) SLOW EXERCISE of walking and mild games
c) VIGOROUS EXERCISE of brisk walking & running, treadmill, swimming (at a nearby pool), aerobic dance and active games
– various individually prescribed treatments include
MUD PACK applying hygienic mud to specific areas of need, or in some cases to the whole body both absorbing toxins and attracting healing blood.
STEAMBATH to sweat out toxins, while keeping the face in fresh air (not like sauna, which compels one to breathe in toxic air).
HOT FOOTBATH also to sweat out toxins, with a particular effect on lower body and lung problems.
COLEMA (in between COLonic machine and EnEMA) internally cleansing the intestines.
SPINAL BATH to cool the spine only, our best physical treatment for releasing stress.
WARM CIDER VINEGAR BATH done only just before sleeping for those who have difficulty to sleep, enabling nerves to thoroughly relax.
SYSTEMATIC SUNBATH alternating in and out of the sun, with water or oil massage according to need, for fixed number of minutes and during a fixed interval.
HIPBATH attracting healing blood to the lower internal organs including the digestive organs and the female organs.
HOT WATER BAGS AND ICE PACKS depending on whether one needs heat for relaxation or cold for healing.
– WATER-DRINKING SYSTEM, 3 to 4 liters or more daily, to cleanse toxins.
– MENTAL EXERCISE & MEDITATION (including deep relaxation and visualization) to convert stress into calm positivism.
– a graduated program of specialized ELIMINATION DIETS & FASTING on juices, broths, fruits and/or vegetables for several days.
LENGTH OF TREATMENT COURSES
|Purpose||Minimal Period Required|
| Introduction to natural
healing & yoga
|Introduction to detoxification||7 days|
|Basic detox (no special problems)||12 days (inc 4 days pre-fast, 5 days deep detox, 3 days fast breaking)|
|Deep detox for chronic diseases and significant problems||3 weeks|
|Thorough treatment for so-called terminal diseases and very serious stubborn conditions.||4 to 5 weeks|
ENTERTAINING and EDUCATIVE ACTIVITIES
Its important that our students learn how to remain healthy for the rest of their lives. Its also important that their days are full of good feelings to help them overcome stress and disease. So, our activities and workshops include:
- Classes on Naturopathy, Lifestyle, Problem Solving, Self-development
- Outings to beaches, swimming pools and nature spots
- Cooking Class
- Badminton, Volleyball, Croquet
- Handicrafts accessories, dream catcher, tie-dye, crockery decoration
- Painting watercolor, soil, coffee, sand
- Soft Sculpture
- Tribal and Traditional Music and Dance
- Outdoor and Indoor Games
- Cebu and Mactan Tours
- Island Hopping